More urban drawings and a gallery opening


curtis music hall, originally uploaded by paul is just dandy.

I went out to Butte on Saturday to my opening at the Phoenix Gallery. I've never had a solo show before, and it turned out to be solo in more ways than one (not a lot of people showed up), but it was still fun to meet Mary and Tom at the gallery. Actually, a few folks came in, including my friend Nate's brother Caleb and his significant other Katie. Butte is a fascinating town with a lot of history and fantastic architecture, so I drove out a little early to see if I could find something to draw. The Curtis Music Hall was right across the street from the gallery, so I set up my folding chair and spent about an hour on this sketch. It was all of 25F in Butte that day, so an hour was all I could last.
butte, montana


I did a few other sketches in Bozeman this weekend-- this first one on Friday of an abandoned restaurant on 7th Ave. and another today, from inside my truck (cold out, y'know) of the corner of 5th and Main, a few blocks from downtown.

abandoned restaurant, 7th street

corner of 5th and main, bozeman


Check out my Flickr page for pics of the show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Draw Spherical Panoramas

A brief history of how I started to "curve" my sketches

Dinosaurs of the recent past