Thursday, May 28, 2009

view of Grand Ave. from the Weaver Room


I haven't drawn a lot lately, and so haven't had much to post. I started a new full-time job last week that's eaten up a lot of daytime hours when I might otherwise be drawing, and I've been pretty tired after work.

I drew this last week from the second floor of the Emerson Center in Bozeman while talking about drawing with the filmmaker/photojournalist Peter Vandermark. I don't do a lot of drawing and talking at the same time (except for the kind of idle chitchat you might have while waiting for food at a restaurant), but this was a somewhat metacognitive process, so it wasn't too hard to stay focused and still communicate. I only wish I'd finished this drawing. Maybe I'll go back into it tomorrow on my day off. Or maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. It's sort of neat to see your unfinished drawing. It gives me a glimpse of how the drawing progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think this one will stay unfinished.

    ReplyDelete