New Yawk



This is long overdue, but I went to New York a few weeks ago, and finally got to meet the amazing France Belleville-Van Stone and sketched with her on New York's High Line for an entire morning. One of the great highlights of my life. I did a few other sketches while I was there, including quite a few whilst stuck at La Guardia in airport hell for eight hours. None is as good as the first sketch from the High Line with France, at least to me.

Here they are.

Highline #1:
highline01small

Highline #2:
highline02small

Broadway from Columbus Circle:
broadwayfromcolumbuscircsmall

Atlas's butt, from Rockefeller Center:
atlas 01small

Conservatory Water, Central Park:
conservatory water01small

Unfinished Woolworth building:
woolworth01small

La Guardia:
laguardia01small

laguardia02small

laguardia03small




Comments

  1. Drawing with France, a lifetime highlight, you are a lucky guy. I had to sleep on LaGuardia's floor one night, not comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul:
    Do you have a copy of France's new book yet? We'd be happy to send you one.

    Natalie
    Ten Speed Press

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Draw Spherical Panoramas

A brief history of how I started to "curve" my sketches

Dinosaurs of the recent past